Successfully completed on Sunday 23 September 2018 the activities of the European Mobility Week 2018 in Limassol Cyprus. Limassol Tourism Company in the context of Civitas Destinations Project – Horizon 2020 organized the event with the collaboration of the Ministry of Communication and the Council of the Promotion of Cycling.
In the context of the European Program Civitas destinations the Limassol Tourism Company aims to promote sustainable mobility modes in a four-year project through implement measures that includes the installation of infrastructure and the promotion of sustainable mobility modes.
The Activities of the event included:
- Limassol Walks
- 10km Cycling for all which participated more than 100 cyclists of all ages
- 30km Cycling for athletes with the collaboration of Limassol Police and Cycling Club
- Free Limassol Bus Tours in the historic center of Limassol with the collaboration of Historic and Classic Motor Museum
- Bicycle Treasure Hunt in the historic center of Limassol with the collaboration of Next Bike
- Photo Exhibition ‘Discover Cyprus by bike’ took place in the Old Port of Limassol
- Exhibition in Limassol Marina organized to inform visitors regarding sustainable mobility, electromobility, the new low for cycling that will be in effect at the end of October 2018, bike sharing and other products and services related to sustainable mobility.
The event was hold under the auspices of the Minister of Communication and works Mrs Vassiliki Anastasiadou who addressed the public during a short ceremony, while the whole project was included in schedule of events of the Cycling Promotion Council the Commissioner of Environment Mrs Ioanna Panayiotou.